Wednesday, October 29, 2008

SHOCK! Joaquin Phoenix quits acting



Actor says he's made his last movie

Joaquin Phoenix has announced that his latest film Two Lovers will be his last.

The actor – who stars alongside Gwyneth Paltrow, 36, in the romantic drama – wants to concentrate on his music career.

‘I want to take this opportunity to give you the exclusive and just talk a little bit about the fact that this will be my last performance as an actor,’ he tells Extra.

’I'm not doing films any more. I'm working on my music. I'm done. I've been through that.’

Joaquin, 34, was nominated for an Oscar in 2006 for his portrayal of Johnny Cash in biopic Walk The Line. He also won a Grammy for his work on the soundtrack.

In May Tim Burgess of The Charlatans revealed he's been working on an album with Joaquin and Antony Langdon of Spacehog.

'Joaquin wrote the songs, Antony sang and I did backing vocals,' Tim told NME. 'It's been a great time. Music is really important to Joaquin.

'His songs are great – I really hope they come out.'

Two Lovers is in cinemas next year.

Source

No comments: